Eugene E. Bishop, 57, of Middletown died Sunday, August 6, 2017 at home. Gene was born in Newport, son of the late Broaddus and Angela (Chagaris) Bishop.
Gene was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was a loving father, grandfather, he leaves his daughter Katie E. Bishop and his granddaughter Mailee Walmsley.
He also leaves two brothers Paul Bishop and his wife Jackie of Maryland and Steven Bishop of Middletown.
Gene was the father of the late Michael Bishop and brother of the late Barbara Ray, Nicholas Bishop and Catherine Kennedy.
Funeral service will be private.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library