Eugene E. Bishop, 57, of Middletown died Sunday, August 6, 2017 at home. Gene was born in Newport, son of the late Broaddus and Angela (Chagaris) Bishop.
Gene was a veteran of the U.S. Army. He was a loving father, grandfather, he leaves his daughter Katie E. Bishop and his granddaughter Mailee Walmsley.
He also leaves two brothers Paul Bishop and his wife Jackie of Maryland and Steven Bishop of Middletown.
Gene was the father of the late Michael Bishop and brother of the late Barbara Ray, Nicholas Bishop and Catherine Kennedy.
Funeral service will be private.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend