Daniel J. Leonard, 60 of Portsmouth, RI passed away unexpectedly on Sunday August 27, 2017.
He was born in North Adams, MA on August 8, 1957, to Anna E. (Silvia) Leonard of Bristol, and the late Ronald S. Leonard.
He graduated from Portsmouth High School and served in the US Navy.
Dan has been employed by Rhode Island Hospital for the past 26 years, and was a member of the Teamsters Union, Local #251, for those 26 years.
He was a car enthusiast who loved attending swap meets with his lifelong friends. His greatest joy was his family, especially his granddaughters.
Daniel is survived by his wife and soulmate for the last 30 years, Karen (Rudasill) Leonard, his two children, Charles I. Silvia and his finance Eleanor of Orwigsburg, PA; JoNell Camara and her husband David of Portsmouth, RI; his two granddaughters Ellenor & Clover; his 2 brothers, Dale R. Leonard and wife Andrea of Bristol R.I.; Don E. Leonard & wife Sherry of Bristol; and one sister Dawn M. Chauvin and her husband Maurice also of Bristol RI.; his nieces and nephews; and the rest of his relatives and friends.
Visiting hours will be held at the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth, on Friday, September 1, 2017, from 2-4 pm and 7-9 pm.
His funeral will take place on Saturday, September 2, 2017, at 10:00am, at the St. Barnabas Catholic Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth.
In lieu of flowers, memorial donations in his memory may be made to the Robert Potter League, P.O. Box 412, Newport, RI 02840, or to The Autism Project, 1516 Atwood Ave. Johnson, RI 02919.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)