Cynthia T. (Trull) Barrett, 91, of Holyoke, MA died on Saturday August 12, 2017 at Loomis House, in Holyoke, MA.
She was the wife of the late George Ellenwood Barrett.
Born on August 29, 1925 in New Bedford, MA, she was the daughter of the late Carlton C. and Rosamond (Gifford) Trull. Raised in Fairhaven, MA she was the sister of the late Alden F. Trull and Carlton Trull and graduated from Fairhaven High School and the Kinyon Business School in New Bedford. An accomplished pianist, Cynthia had a deep love of music and was a great fan of opera.
A resident of Middletown for over 40 years, Cynthia was the Executive Secretary to the Superintendent of Middletown Public Schools. Upon her retirement in 1987, Cynthia spent many treasured summers at her camp on Coles Pond in Walden, Vermont with her family and friends. Cynthia was a long and faithful member of The United Baptist Church in Newport before relocating to South Hadley, MA.
She is survived by her children, Pamela Campagna and her husband Anthony of Hamden, CT; Carlton (Toby) Barrett and his wife Rachel of Portsmouth, VA; Christine Lass and her husband Walter (Skipp) of Warwick, RI; John Barrett and his wife Pamela of Chicopee, MA, and Philip Barrett and his wife Erin of Orange Park, FL. Seven grandchildren, Amy Punchak, Elizabeth Lass Mosney, Andrew Barrett, Erica Lass, Christopher Barrett, Jessica Barrett and Juliet Barrett, and five great grandchildren Oscar Punchak, Vivian Punchak, Simone Punchak, Isaac Barrett and Jaxson Barrett.
Calling hours will be held on Friday August 18, 2017 from 10:30-12:00 in Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway in Newport, RI.
Her funeral will follow her calling hours at 12:00pm in the funeral home.
Burial will be in Middletown Cemetery, Turner and Wyatt Road, Middletown.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13