The Preservation Society of Newport County is now hiring for the position of SPECIAL EVENTS ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Part-Time).
The Preservation Society of Newport County seeks a part-time, Special Events Administrative Assistant. Hours of work are 24 hours per week – preferably Monday, Friday and one other day. Special events may require work on evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
The Special Events Administrative Assistant provides administrative and clerical support to the ongoing operations of the Special Events Department. Tasks include, but are not limited to, telephone communications, client correspondence, filing, reviewing and verifying invoices, arranging meetings and appointments, copying and faxing. Receives and processes ticket requests for Special Event functions and maintains this information in a database.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum one year of documented office / clerical experience.
• Basic experience with MS-Windows, Microsoft Office & Microsoft Outlook.
• Basic experience with spreadsheet and database computer programs.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to compose formal and informal communications to all levels of the organization.
• Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
• Energetic team-player with excellent interpersonal, customer service and telephone skills.
Please email a cover letter, and resume with contact information for professional references to
http://www.newportmansions.org/about-us/employment/available-jobs or mail to Human Resources Department, 424 Bellevue Ave, Newport, RI 02840
More From What’s Up Newp
- The Reef officially opens with a fresh, new look; new menu; and a new director of culinary development
- Grey Sail Brewing announces summer line-up of food trucks, vendors, and musical guests
- 'Ocean View' on Bellevue Avenue hits the market for $18.85 million
- South Kingstown voters reject school bond
- Opening This Week: Tallulah's Taqueria in Jamestown; Nitro Bar and Yagi Noodles on Thames Street