The Newport Opera House Theater & Performing Arts Center continues the expansion of its youth and educational mission with a very special Kid’s “Swah-Ray” performance for children and families on Sunday, August 6th from 4pm to 6pm at St. Michael’s Country Day School Lawn, featuring Tim Johnson, Storyteller and Puppeteer.
This special event features the talented Mr. Johnson performing the heartwarming story of “The Rainbow Fish” by Marcus Pfister, which celebrates the 25th anniversary of its publication this year. Its powerful message of sharing and caring has found its way into children’s hearts and onto their bookshelves and exemplifies the Opera House Theater’s educational mission.
Bring children, family and friends for a magical, engaging performance!
Children will also enjoy Rainbow Fish-inspired craft activities, courtesy of Island Art Spot of Middletown, R.I., and have access to St. Michael’s playground, making for a full afternoon of summer fun.
This event is free and open to the public. Children and families are invited to attend on Sunday, August 6th from 4 pm to 6 pm for this special performance! If you would like to attend please RSVP by e-mailing email@example.com.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend