Twenty to thirty Porsches from SoBo (South Boston) Porsche Club will drive en masse to Newport Car Museum on Sunday, August 13th and line up in a special Porsche corral in the museum’s parking area, starting at 10 a.m.
Fellow Porsche owners are welcome to bring their Porsches and join in the experience while the public is invited to drop by and admire the cars that have gathered.
At noon, the SoBo club members will visit the Newport Car Museum, and visitors to the corral are encouraged to join them.
The museum experience takes approximately 90 minutes and includes separate exhibits for Ford Shelbys, Corvettes, World Cars, Fin Cars and Mopars that have been carefully curated to appeal not only to grandfathers, fathers and teenage sons but also to men and women of all ages. A collection of Mid-Century modern furniture – by iconic designers such as Americans Charles and Ray Eames and Florence Knoll Bassett, and Denmark’s Arne Jacobsen and Hans Wegner – has been integrated into the artistic stylings of the museum, while six driving simulators await those wanting to test their skills on the toughest raceways and road courses in the world.
Newport Car Museum is in a 114,000 sq. ft. building located on 17 acres at the Raytheon Company campus in Portsmouth.It is handicap accessible and hours are daily, Monday through Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm. For more information or for tickets, visit www.newportcarmuseum.org.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch