Newport Police Department has confirmed that at about 3:00 pm today, Newport Police and Newport Fire Department responded to Hillside Avenue for a report of a motor vehicle accident involving a bicycle.
A 7-year-old local boy was treated by Newport Fire Department personnel and then transported by Life Flight to Rhode Island Hospital for treatment.
The condition of the boy is not known at this time.
Newport Police Department tells us that the incident is currently under investigation and no further information is available at this time.
This story is developing and will be updated.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Week: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Full Moon Bike ride, The Exorcist, & more
- Newport Garden Club to host a talk by ‘The Seedhuntress’
- Changing seasons, changing exhibits at Little Compton Historical Society
- ‘Rock The Mansion’ raises more than $150,000 for Newport Mental Health
- Obituary: Grace Elaine Kinnunen