A new series launched in Newport will give the opportunity to fans and musicians to enjoy originals songs and music.
I stopped by The Newport Playhouse and Cabaret Restaurant to speak with Jonathan Perry, the venue’s owner, about his new venture and event series – Newport to Nashville, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing space for musicians and fans to enjoy original music.
The goal of the series is to provide a venue for up and coming songwriter’s and national recording artists to perform and feature their original songs. “The space encourages songwriter’s to collaborate with other musicians and share their passion with their fans,” Perry said.
Newport Nashville will take place monthly on the second Thursday. The first Newport To Nashville will take place on July 13th beginning at 7 pm. In August, the event will take place on August 10th.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport String Project Season Opening Concert
- This day in Newport History: September 19, 1902 – Jimmy Van Alen born in Newport
- Concert Recap and Photos: Felix Cavaliere’s Rascals at the Greenwich Odeum (September 18, 2021)
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour