A new series launched in Newport will give the opportunity to fans and musicians to enjoy originals songs and music.
I stopped by The Newport Playhouse and Cabaret Restaurant to speak with Jonathan Perry, the venue’s owner, about his new venture and event series – Newport to Nashville, a non-profit organization dedicated to providing space for musicians and fans to enjoy original music.
The goal of the series is to provide a venue for up and coming songwriter’s and national recording artists to perform and feature their original songs. “The space encourages songwriter’s to collaborate with other musicians and share their passion with their fans,” Perry said.
Newport Nashville will take place monthly on the second Thursday. The first Newport To Nashville will take place on July 13th beginning at 7 pm. In August, the event will take place on August 10th.
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 29 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 3 - 10)
- HGTV Dream Home in Portsmouth hits the market, can now be yours for $2.39 million
- Obituary: Timothy Howard Jackson
- List: States with travel restrictions upon entry to Rhode Island
- New York Yacht Club submits challenge and evolutionary draft protocol for 37th America's Cup