Ian Donnis, Political Reporter for Rhode Island Public Radio, has shared an exclusive investigation today on how 13 RI cities and towns, including Newport, have continued using First Southwest/Hilltop Securities, the firm sued by the state over the failure of 38 Studios.
According to Donnis, Newport is among 13Rhode Island communities that have used Hilltop as a financial advisor on bond issues since 2014.
The Latest From WUN
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations