Lauren Carson, Representative for District 75 (Newport), has expressed her support of Dawn Euer for Senate District 13 (Newport, Jamestown). Euer is one of seven candidates running for the seat formerly held by Teresa Paiva Weed. Of those seven, the four Democrats will face off in a Primary on Tuesday, July 18th.
“Dawn is committed to helping our senior community, and Dawn is committed to helping you! She realizes that older adults contribute greatly to everyone here in the district, and we must do everything we can to ensure our seniors a longer, happier life. That is why I am supporting Dawn, and you must too!,” Representative Carson says on the mailer.
Carson, a Democrat, was first elected in November 2014 to the House of Representatives seat from District 75 in Newport. She is a member of the House Committee on Oversight, the House Committee on Small Business, and the House Committee on Municipal Government.
What’sUpNewp has obtained a copy of the postcard that was sent to voters in Newport and Jamestown this week, here is a look at the front and back side;
The distribution of the letter is being paid for by the Committee to Elect Dawn Euer.
The winner of the Democratic Primary on July 18th will face Republican Michael Smith, Independent Kim Ripoli and Green Party Candidate Gregory Larson on August 22nd.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch