NEWPORT, RI – Day 1 of the 2017 Newport Folk Festival is in the books.
The first day of the annual three-day event was hot, both on and off the stage. From L.A. Salami’s passionate performance on the Harbor Stage to Fleet Foxes entertaining the crowd to end the day, there was plenty to be heard and seen. Here we try to share what day 1 looked and felt like, enjoy!
Photo Credit: Patrick Murphy/What’sUpNewp & Ken Abrams/What’sUpNewp & What’sUpRhodeIsland.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- City to Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune
- Apple Picking Season has arrived! “Six Picks” Orchards in Newport County and beyond
- Jamestown Arts Center seeks artist submissions for ‘RAW: Reassessment and Wonder’
- National Data shows an increase in child poverty and uninsured children
- 24th International Seapower Symposium taking place at Naval War College this week