Robert W. (“Bob”) Irvine, 70, of Middletown, RI, died peacefully, surrounded by family, on Friday, July 21, 2017 at Newport Hospital after a brief illness.
He is survived by his daughter Holly Irvine-Salvi and her husband, Brian, of Southborough, MA, his son Cameron Irvine and his wife Lisa, of Whitinsville, MA and his grandchildren Sam and Quinn Salvi, Liliana Irvine and Samantha and Jake Violette.
Born on November 14th, 1946 in Brattleboro, VT, he was the son of the late Robert and Virgie (Pfeiffer) Irvine.
After serving in the US Coast Guard, Bob became a butcher and continued this career for almost four decades. Bob was most comfortable near the ocean and loved to sail whenever he had an opportunity to. In his spare time, Bob cherished times with his close friends and family. He enjoyed spending time with his loyal and loving group of Newport friends and living the “Newport life”. He was an avid Red Sox fan, loved to golf with his son, and proudly watched his grandchildrens’ hockey, baseball and softball games.
Calling hours will be held Monday July 24th 4:00PM-7:00 PM at Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport RI 02840.
Additional information at memorialfuneralhome.com
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record