The “Music on the Porch” series at the Eisenhower House in Fort Adams State Park continues July 12th with the Kane Brothers.
The inaugural launch of the “Music on the Porch” concert series at the Eisenhower House in Fort Adams State Park premiered with the Lois Vaughan Jazz Quartet on June 29th with over 200 attendees.
July’s free concert will feature the area renowned brothers performing for two hours on the House’s porch from 5 – 7 PM along with refreshments from Newport Storm Breweries as well as, special cuisine from Blackstone Caterers’ A Fork in the Road food truck. The concert series is for all ages and children can play on the Eisenhower House lawn as parents enjoy the music.
“The “Music on the Porch” popularity has been incredible,” stated Jen Chapin, Director of Events for the Fort Adams Trust. “It’s a wonderful family gathering with the opportunity for children to play soccer and more on the lawn as parents listen to the music,” she added.
“The concert series is complimented with excellent cuisine and beverages from our trusted partners’ A Fork in the Road food truck and Newport Storm Breweries,” said Sandy Kristiansson, Chair of the Marketing Committee for the Fort Adams Trust. “Our partners really help out to make for an all-encompassing summer evening with beautiful views and great music,” he further offered. The next concert is scheduled for August 17th with the Elderly Brothers.
The next concert is scheduled for August 17th with the Elderly Brothers.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts