The George Donnelly Sunset League (GDSL) has announced their third Hall of Fame class.
“The class of 2017 is made up people that greatly contributed to the GDSL,” Chris La Rose. Commissioner of the GDSL told What’sUpNewp.
The following people have been selected for induction.
Dalton Springler as a player/manager, Bill Heffernen as a player, Joe Viau as a player/umpire, Paul Reynolds as a player, John Caswell as a player/manager, Paul Gaines Sr as a player, Ray Tesseglia as a player/Manager, Rudy Boiani as an ambassador, Mike Cantone as a player, and Mickey McManus as an umpire.
“The GDSL greatly appreciates all the contributions these men have made to the GDSL,” La Rose said.
For more information, visit http://gdsunsetleague.pointstreaksites.com/view/gdsunsetleague.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)