All the rain we’ve received this spring is having a significant impact on the start of the 2017 Newport International Polo Series.
Newport Polo announced around 10:30 am on Saturday that they would have to reschedule today’s Clarke Cook Cup due to field conditions;
TODAY’S MATCH, the Clarke Cooke Cup, has been POSTPONED to Sunday, June 11, at 5PM to ensure safest, most stable field conditions. All reservations will transfer to the Sunday rain date, as stated in the refund policy. The entry gates will open on Sunday, June 11th at 1PM for tailgate picnics & lawn seating. The ALEX AND ANI Pavilion and Twisted Pony Bar will open at 3PM.
Newport Polo later announced the match would be cancelled;
With its regular field at Glen Farm made unplayable by constant rains, and draining from the upper fields to the polo grounds, Newport Polo moved its playing field to the upper field for last week’s season opening match against first-time visitors, Peru.
Newport Polo’s remaining schedule…
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13