The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) recommended closing Spouting Rock Beach in Newport for swimming because of high bacteria counts, the notification was made on Thursday, June 28th. The beach is also known as Bailey’s Beach.
When a beach closure is recommended, water quality analysis is conducted by RIDOH’s laboratory or a state-certified laboratory. The status of a beach may change daily. The most up-to-date beach information is available through a recorded message on RIDOH’s beaches telephone line (401-222-2751).
Earlier this week, King Park Beach was closed for two days due to high bacteria counts.
The Latest From WUN
- What’s Up This Weekend: Heart & Sole Walk for Animals, Goat Hikes, Barks & Brews, and more
- Obituary: Gardiner Lee Sherman
- The Minks coming to Askew Thursday, October 21
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record