Portsmouth, RI – Rita Doris (Lafleur) Appleby, 80, of Portsmouth, RI, died on Tuesday, June 20, 2017, at the Our Lady of Fatima Hospital.
She was the wife of Jack F. Appleby.
Born in Fall River, MA on September 14, 1936, she was the daughter of the late Alfred and Laura (Cournoyer) Lafleur.
Besides her husband of 62 years, she is survived by her son Jack F. Appleby, Jr. of Middletown, RI, her daughter Deborah A. Drake and her husband Paul S. Drake of Portsmouth, RI, and her granddaughters, Jennifer Ann Drake and Amy Lynn Drake.
She was the sister of the late Leo Lafleur, Alfred Lafleur, Normand Lafleur, Rene Lafleur, Rhea Raposa, Dora Dufresne and Jeannette Person.
Calling hours will be held on Sunday, June 25, 2017, from 5:30-8:30pm, in the Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth.
Her funeral will be held on Monday, June 26, 2017, at 9:00am, from the funeral home followed by a Mass of Christian Burial, at 10:00am, in St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth.
Burial will take place in RI Veteran’s Cemetery in Exeter.
In lieu of flowers, donations in her memory may be made to St. Barnabas Church, 1697 East Main Road, Portsmouth, RI, 02871, or to the Portsmouth Multi-Purpose Senior Center, 110 Bristol Ferry Road, Portsmouth, RI 02871.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- FirstWorks Live series at Roger Williams Park continues with Thea Hopkins Sunday, September 19th
- Live Music Society announces Cat Henry as Executive Director
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals