Francis J. Busher, 74, of Portsmouth passed away on Friday, June 16, 2017, after a three year battle with cancer. He leaves his wife of 52 years, Deborah H. Busher. Frank was predeceased by his parents Richard Cosgrove Busher and Helene LaFramboise Busher. He is survived by his brother, Richard Cosgrove Busher, Jr. (Marilyn Andersen) of Seattle, Washington. He is also survived by sister-in-law Judith H. Fibbe, (Charles), nieces Jennifer Wickham, Amanda (Vincent) Flaherty, and nephew, Christopher (Lisa) Fibbe. Also, he was the proud uncle of the ten great nieces and nephews surviving him. He is also survived by an Aunt, Alice Raymond, and numerous LaFramboise and Busher cousins.
Frank attended Rhode Island College after graduating from LaSalle Academy, class of 1960, where he made life-long friends. A Providence guy, he loved PC Basketball and always looked forward to the St. Michael’s reunions.
He was co-owner of Northeast Steel Corp, Inc. for forty years, working a total of fifty-two years in the structural steel industry. He was proud of his work on many projects throughout New England most recently the building of the I-Way Bridge and the Sakonnet River Bridge.
Frank loved fishing, spending many years fishing for blue-fin tuna in RI, Cape Cod, Gloucester, New Hampshire, Prince Edward Island, and Nova Scotia. He particularly loved his yearly trip to Panama fishing for Black Marlin. Also, Frank fondly remembered his years spent with his Uncles on his grandfather’s farm in CT and recent memories made on the same farm with his cousins.
Family and friends are invited to visiting hours from 4:00pm to 7:00 pm, on Wednesday June 21, 2017 at Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway, Newport, RI 02840.
A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 10:00 on Thursday June 22, 2017 in St. Lucy’s Catholic Church 909 West Main Road, Middletown, RI 02840. Burial will follow at St. Columba Cemetery Brown’s Lane, Middletown, RI.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation to:
The Ronald McDonald House of Providence
45 Gay Street
Providence, RI 02905
More from What’s Up Newp
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels
- Newport resident named new VP & Branch Sales Manager at BankNewport’s North Kingstown branch
- Ticket Giveaway: S.G. Goodman Saturday, Oct. 30th at the Newport Casino
- Nor’easter Update: National Grid responding to power outages
- Update: All restrictions lifted on Newport Pell and Jamestown Verrazzano Bridges
- Got storm photos? Send us your pics by 9PM Wednesday
- Obituary: Molly Falconer de Ramel
- Grey Sail Brewing celebrating 10 years
- LIVE BLOG | Rhode Island cancellations, closures, and delays