The Fort Adams Trust announces that their annual fundraiser event, Summer Solstice, An Evening of Revelry, will be held Friday, June 23rd on the North Lawn of the fort in Fort Adams State Park.
The event will be from 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm and is hosted by Blackstone Caterers along with a sunset toast & cannon salute by the Artillery Company of Newport, live & silent auctions, as well as music & dancing. Last’s year’s event set records of close to 150 attendees and fundraising totals for a single Trust event.
“The Summer Solstice is probably one of the finest events the fort puts on,” stated David Martland, president of the Fort Adams Trust. “Like last year’s event, we are sure it will be a perfect evening crowned with spectacular weather. The entire Trust expresses our deepest gratitude to all the contributors, donators, sponsors, attendees and Fort staff that will make for a tremendously successful event,” he added.
“We have worked diligently for a full year on making the Summer Solstice event even better than it was in 2016 which believe it or not is a tall order to fill,” offered event co-chair, Jody Sullivan. “We are sure that attendees and contributors will be most pleased with the event and how it will be talked about long afterward,” cited Linda Bainton, another event co-chair.
The Fort Adams Trust is a 501(c)(3) non-profit with a mission to protect and promote the historic places and public spaces at the gateway to Narragansett Bay and Newport. This includes directing and supporting the stabilization, maintenanc, and operation of Fort Adams as a public historic site.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill