Century 21 Topsail Realty has come onboard as title sponsor for the inaugural Mt. Hope Bridge 5K. This first-ever road race will take place on Saturday, August 12th. Runners and walkers will follow a 3.1 mile course starting in Portsmouth near the base of the Mt. Hope Bridge, running across the bridge to Ferry Road in Bristol, turning on to the Roger Williams University campus and continuing south through campus to the finish. The starting gun is at 7:30AM.
“We look forward to producing an excellent inaugural event with the help of Century 21 Topsail Realty,” says Matt Gray, President of Gray Matter Marketing. “With their local focus and emphasis on customer service, Century 21 Topsail Realty’s involvement in the event ensures it will be a great success for our participants.”
“As owners of Century 21 Topsail Realty, we are proud and honored to be title sponsor for this inaugural run over the Mt. Hope Bridge,” said Michael and Lisa Fonesca. “It is our hope that this will become an annual tradition that we continue to be a part of. All proceeds will benefit the many great charities supported by the Bristol Rotary. Whether you walk or run, come join the fun!”
In addition to the title sponsor, the Topsail Realty Mt. Hope Bridge 5K will have four Gold Sponsors: Slepkow, Slepkow and Associates, Inc., A Jour Jewelry, Sunshine Fuels and Energy Services, and Gil’s Appliances .
The Topsail Realty Mt. Hope Bridge 5K is hosted by the Rhode Island Turnpike and Bridge Authority Foundation and produced by Gray Matter Marketing. 100% of net proceeds benefit the Rotary Club of Bristol and their partner charities.
Tickets are now on sale for the event at www.mthopebridge5k.com
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill