Broken Shed Distilleries, Inc. has announced that Broken Shed Vodka will be sponsoring the 2017 Cocktail Wars Summer Splash. The event will take place throughout the summer over 7 weeks, at a different venue every Sunday in Newport. The event will start on July 9 at Christie’s.
The full list of venue participants is listed below:
Week 1 (July 9): Christie’s
Week 2 (July 16): Hotel Viking
Week 3 (July 23): The Rooftop of The Vanderbilt Grace Hotel
Week 4 (July 30): Gurney’s Newport Resort and Marina
Week 5 (August 6): Skiff Bar
Week 6 (August 13): Skiff Bar
Week 7 (August 20): Newport Vineyards
Renowned mixologists and locals are expected to attend the event to compete with their creative vodka concoctions. Participants will receive brand merchandise, while the grand prize winner will receive a “Star of the Bar” award to commemorate their win.
“We are excited about the quality and purity of Broken Shed,” says Broken Shed’s president Samuel Brown, “and look forward to seeing everyone at the events, and hope everyone is as excited as we are to try some of the summer’s best cocktails mixed with Broken Shed Vodka.”
Broken Shed Vodka (BSV) was founded in 2010 as a craft New Zealand vodka. It is free of gluten, chemicals, GMOs and additives. The recipe was developed by two friends in a broken shed on the banks of Lake Wanaka, New Zealand – the home of our aquifer and source of our water.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend