The Rhode Island Department of Health (RIDOH) recommended the reopening Spouting Rock Beach, also known as Bailey’s Beach, in Newport for swimming on Friday afternoon. The beach had been closed because of high bacteria counts since Wednesday.
When a beach closure is recommended, water quality analysis is conducted by RIDOH’s laboratory or a state-certified laboratory. The status of a beach may change daily.
The most up-to-date beach information is available through a recorded message on RIDOH’s beaches telephone line (401-222-2751) and online.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13