It’s back! And so are we. We took a little hiatus gearing up for our full liquor license (which is now fully up and running, check out the cocktail menu the next time you’re in), so now back to the beer.
For the past 12 years, American Craft Beer Week is a week long celebration nationwide in all fifty states with special beer releases, tap takeovers and more.
American Craft Beer Week is probably one of my favorite weeks of the year. Outside of the monthly beer events we do, Craft Beer Week is just another excuse to bring in more great beer. For the past two months, I did some R&D with these breweries to bring our guests’ brewery only brews. I can’t say it enough, good relationships go a long way. This industry is filled with so many great people that go above and beyond not only brewing great beer but the people who are selling the beer for them.
Huge thanks to all the brewers and brewery reps for going above and beyond to ship us these specialty brews.
There’s no better way to celebrate the craft than with big good beer. Come on down to The Pub this week and try these specialty brews you can only get down at The Wharf Pub. Don’t forget about our Cider & Donut Pairing with Champlain Orchards this Sunday from 12-3 pm!
Black Hog Bush Pig #2 Blood in Blood Out (Oxford, CT) ABV: 7.0%
Rye IPA brewed with Apollo Hops and Blood Oranges.
Brooklyn Cloaking Device (Brooklyn, NY) ABV: 10.5%
Strong Brett-fermented Porter aged in French Oak Red Wine barrels. A collaboration with Larkmead Winery from California.
Allagash Little Sal (Portland, ME) ABV: 6.5%
A sour ale fermented with Maine Blueberries aged in red wine barrels.
Jack’s Abby Barrel-aged Framminghammer (Framingham, MA) ABV: 13.5%
Baltic Porter aged in Bourbon barrels with notes of oats and brown sugar.
Wormtown Spies Like Us (Worcester, MA) ABV: 10.5%
Russian Imperial Stout aged in maple and bourbon barrels with a rich finish.
Whalers Saison (Wakefield, RI) ABV: 7.5%
Smooth Saison with a light malt character and a pomegranate finish.
Ballast Point Unfiltered Sculpin (San Diego, CA) ABV: 7.0%
The unfiltered version of their Sculpin IPA with notes of fresh apricots, peach, mango, and lemon.
Wicked Weed Tropicmost (Asheville, NC) ABV: 4.1% ABV
Straight from the funkatorium – Gose brewed with passion fruit and sea salt.
Quick Hits on American Craft Beer
via CraftBeer.com, host of American Craft Beer Week
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1