Patricia “Patty” Jean Duffy passed away on April 4, 2017 at St. Clare-Newport following a courageous battle with Alzheimer’s disease.
She was born on September 2, 1957 a daughter of the late Joseph P and the late Margaret E Duffy who loved and cherished her. Patty was happiest when she was with family or the many people she touched. She had a smile that lit a room. She loved the outdoors, camping with family, food music, and loved nothing better than her room full of stuffed animals and coloring in her coloring books.
Patty is survived by her siblings Joe Duffy and his wife Michele of Middletown who lovingly took care of Patty for the last 25 years, Robert Duffy and is wife Roberta of Middletown, Terry Duffy of Providence, Mary Duffy Byrd and her husband Russ of Seattle, WA, and Steve Whitman of Bristol; her nieces Kira Duffy Truver and her husband David, Abigail Duffy, and Amy Whitman; her nephews Joseph Duffy, Sean Duffy, Matthew Duffy, Philip Whitman and his wife Christina; and her great niece and nephew Ayden and Iayla Truver.
Patty’s family would like to thank Sylvia Bunker and the staff of St. Clare-Newport for Patty’s care over the years.
Family and friends are invited to visiting hours from 10:00 am to 12:00 pm on Monday April 10, 2017 at Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway, Newport, RI. A funeral service will follow at noon.
Burial will be in St. Mary’s Churchyard, 324 East Main Road, Portsmouth.
In lieu of flowers donations in Patty’s name may be made to Down Syndrome Society of Rhode Island, 99 Bald Hill Rd, Cranston, RI 02920 or St. Clare-Newport 309 Spring St, Newport, RI 02840.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts