Anna M. (Marcello) Parente, 89, of Middletown and Palm Beach Gardens, FL, passed away, Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at home. She was the wife of the late Francis John Parente Sr.
Born in Cranston, she was the daughter of the late M.Thomas and Anna (Indeglia) Marcello.
Mrs. Parente was a lifelong communicant of St. Mary’s Church, Newport.
Anna leaves her children Gail Frechette and her husband Paul of Jamestown, Francis J. Parente, Jr. and his wife Denise of West Warwick, James Parente and his wife Loreen of Smithfield, and John Parente and his wife Linda of North Kingstown.
She also leaves ten grandchildren, Jay and Bennett Frechette, Matthew, Andrew Jonathan, Timothy, Michael, Alicia, Marci, Jessica Parente as well as three great grandchildren, Travis Frechette and twin girls Harper and Finley Frechette.
Anna was the sister of the late Olga Toppa, Matthew Marcello and Anthony Marcello.
Funeral Service will be held Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 9:30AM from the Hambly Funeral Home, 30 Red Cross Avenue, Newport, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:00AM in St. Augustin Church, Carroll Avenue, Newport. Burial will take place in St. Ann’s Cemetery, Cranston.
Calling hours will be held Saturday morning from 8:00AM to 9:30AM in the funeral home.
Donations in her memory may be made to Hope Hospice, 1085 North Main Street, Providence, RI 02904.
For online condolences go to: www.memorialfuneralhome.com.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)