The following news release was written by Mike Smith For Senate, it has been published as submitted.
Michael “Mike” Smith has announced today the formation of his campaign’s leadership team, including a steering committee and a campaign manager.
Smith’s Campaign Kickoff Event will be at 7pm at the Bay Voyage in Jamestown, May 22nd. Link to Event Details is provided by at the bottom of this press release.
Update at 2:14 pm on April 28th from Mike Smith
Our last press release, released April 28th, had an event date of 7:00pm-9:00pm on Monday, May 22nd for the Mike Smith for Senate’s Campaign Kickoff.
The event has been moved to Tuesday, May 23rd – 6:30pm-9:00pm at the same location, Bay Voyage in Jamestown.
Facebook link: https://www.facebook.
On Smith’s steering committee:
– Former Rep. Dan Reilly, Campaign Chair
– Cranston Mayor, Allan Fung
– Former State Senator, Ed O’Neill
– Jamestown town councilor, Blake Dickinson
“I am very grateful for these proven effective leaders from across the State for investing their time and energy into this campaign”, said Smith, commenting on the creation of his campaign leadership team. “They understand that Newport needs a year-round economy and I look forward to their help in earning the votes of District 13”, said Smith.
Handling the day to day operations in the role of campaign manager, current RIGOP Community Development Director, Luis Vargas, has joined the Michael “Mike” Smith for State Senate Campaign.
“Luis Vargas is a welcome addition to this campaign,” said Smith. “Luis has a great history of being a work horse in statewide politics. His energy, organization, and experience will serve this campaign very well. I am excited to have him on the team.”
Luis Vargas grew up in Providence and studied Legal Studies and Political Science at Roger Williams University. He has been involved with the RIGOP for many years and has worked extensively with many campaigns across the state of Rhode Island, including a run of his own for the General Assembly in 2016.
Link to Campaign Kickoff Event: https://www.eventbrite.
The Latest From WUN
- Irish immigrant women in domestic service topic of upcoming lecture
- Foiling Kiteboarder slashes 1 minute and 14 seconds off Around Jamestown Record
- Living History Event brings re-enactors, spectators to Butts Hill Fort
- Opinion: Portsmouth voters must reject Question 2
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2