NEWPORT, R.I. and WARREN, R.I. (April 10, 2017): The Women’s Resource Center (WRC), a non-profit domestic violence intervention and prevention services agency serving Newport and Bristol Counties, announces that its Men Who Make a Difference online auction is up and running now through April 19, 2017, at www.BiddingForGood.com.
The silent auction is part of the WRC’s Men Who Make a Difference gala which will be held on Friday, April 21, 2017, at Gurney’s Newport Resort & Marine (the former Hyatt Regency), 1 Goat Island, Newport, R.I. Bidding will be concluded at the gala and the winners of the auction items will be announced at that time (winners do not have to be present to claim their item).
WRC announced on March 7th that they will honor 17 men at the gala;
Spring is in the air, and friends of Women’s Resource Center know what that means… our 2017 Men Who Make a Difference event is approaching! We are thrilled to be honoring 17 men this year at our annual gala at Gurney’s (formerly Hyatt Regency) on Friday, April 21, 2017. This year’s honorees include:
John Bernardo III
Dr. Gerald Exil
Dr. Steve Freedman
Rev. Nathan J. A. Humphrey
Dr. Robert Meehan
Marshall M. Raucci
Dr. Louis Rice
Dr. Charles Shoemaker
Congratulations to these men who make a difference in their communities, and keep an eye on our page to learn more about each of our honorees throughout the season!
This year’s auction features over 100 donated items, ranging from exotic vacation getaways, sporting events, hotel and restaurant gift certificates to paintings, photographs, jewelry, sports memorabilia, and other unique offerings. Proceeds from both the auction and the gala go to the Women’s Resource Center to help support its free and confidential services for victims of domestic violence and their family members, including counseling, shelter, advocacy, and education programs.
Among the most talked-about auction items are a six-day South African Safari for two at the Zulu Nyala Game Lodge, a week at a luxury condo on St. Thomas, and charter yacht sails in Narragansett Bay. Among the art and collectibles are an Alexander Shorokhoff custom watch, a circa-1933 Louis Icart aquatint, and sports items autographed by the Boston Red Sox’s Pablo Sandoval and New England Patriots’ Danny Amendola.
To view and bid on any of the items, visit www.BiddingForGood.com. Tickets to the 2017 Men Who Make a Difference gala are $150 per person and may be purchased online at www.wrcnbc.org or by calling (401) 846-5263, ext. 352.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rhode Island Pop-Punk band Another One Down! releases single + video “Headspace”
- 23 open houses happening this weekend (Sept. 17 – 19)
- X Shore: Swedish electric boating brand opens office at Safe Harbor Newport Shipyard
- Westerly Town Manager quits; Police Chief expected to be appointed interim manager
- City of Newport to kick off American Rescue Plan fund engagement process
- Newport Polo to host USA versus Mexico on Saturday
- What’sUp Interview: Sean Oshima of Oshima Brothers coming to Norman Bird Sanctuary September 24th
- ReVision: Newport Art Museum announces new exhibition by Annu Palakunnathu Matthew
- Aquidneck Land Trust announces the start of its annual Art & Writing Contest
- Gerry Goldstein: Music, with nature calling the tune