The following content is sponsored by The Wharf Pub
The seasons are a-changing and so is the variety that is craft beer. Now comes the time of year you will see everything from Hefeweizen and Saison’s, More IPA’s and the latest trend Huckleberry. Summer wheat ales are fastly approaching and we couldn’t be more excited for the warmer weather.
Here are our top favorite five picks this week and what’s happening this week at The Wharf Pub!
Harpoon UFO Huckleberry – Boston, MA – What is Huckleberry? Generally seen in Idaho, Huckleberries are a blend of Red, Blue, and Blackberries. Harpoon’s newest UFO series is a Hefeweizen with Huckleberries. Come grab a pint while it lasts!
Newburyport Melt Away – Newburyport, MA – Melt away is another one of Newburyport’s year round beers but most popular is the summer months, Session IPA’s tend to have a lower ABV to be more crushable in that 80-degree weather.
Ballast Point Sea Rose – San Diego, CA – Ballast’s newest Wheat ale with a sour cherry twist. Sea Rose came from their R&D program where employees at the Brewery get to experiment and brew they’re own beer.
Washashore Buddha Pale Ale – Edgartown, MA – Washashore is fairly new to Martha’s Vineyard community. Buddha is their pale ale made with passion fruit and grapefruit.
Half Full Bright Ale – Stamford, CT – The newest CT brew has arrived. Half Full’s bright ale is loaded with grapefruit and pale malt notes.
More from What’s Up Newp
- 23 Open Houses to check out in Newport County this weekend
- Obituary: Eileen Schultz English
- Obituary: Joseph R Casale
- Gerry Goldstein: Horse sense from a cowboy philosopher
- Opinion: Lucy’s Hearth needs the community’s support now more than ever
- National Grid making progress in restoration efforts
- Celtic Woman’s “Postcards From Ireland” arriving at Mohegan Sun Arena on March 18, 2022
- What’s Up This Weekend: Salve Fall Festival Weekend, Halloween Hilarity, Trunk or Treat, and more
- Opinion – Rep. Carson: High stakes of appropriate coastal management
- Edward King House to serve as a new drop-off site for Meals on Wheels