Every year since 1933 when President Franklin Roosevelt signed into law allowing people to buy, sell and drink beer up to 3.0% alcohol by volume, April 7th was marked National Beer Day. April 7th was when the Cullen Harrison act went into effect and changed the law of the consumption of alcohol.
National Beer day was first recognized in 2009, when Justin Smith a local from Richmond, Virginia was celebrating and promoting it on social media. His actions were more than noticed from beer lovers all over and now takes place every year on April 7th.
Every day is a beer day for us but heck- come celebrate with us today anyway! Here is what we have newly tapped at the Wharf Pub:
Here is what we have newly tapped at the Wharf Pub:
Woodstock Pigs Ear Brown Ale – Woodstock’s year-round medium bodied brown ale with a balance of roasted and crystal malts.
Foolproof Grotto IPA – Foolproof’s newest and delicious IPA brewed with Mosaic and American hops boosting with juicy flavors and tropical aromas.
Revival Rocky Point Red Ale – Named from the Legendary Rhode Island Amusement Park, Rocky Point is Revival’s seasonal red ale with caramel tones and honey malt mix.
Ballast Point Sea Rose – Ballast Point’s newest Sour that was first experimented with from they’re R&D program- Sea Rose is a tart and sour cherry wheat ale.
Whalers Abbey Dubbel – Every week be sure to find a new whaler’s brew on our draft line. This week we have they’re Trappist ale with caramel tones and a malt finish.
Want to try a few? Check out our Craft Beer Flight of the week! This week we are featuring: Foolproof Grotto IPA, Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale and Ballast Point Sea Rose.
The Wharf Pub is located on Bowen’s Wharf in Newport and online at www.thewharfpubnewport.com.
More From What’s Up Newp
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now
- Rhode Island Hospitality Jobs: RI Hospitality Association launches new website for employers and job seekers
- Governor McKee, RIDOH change up COVID-19 press conference schedule, will now take place every other Thursday
- CCRI hosts 5th Annual Raising Opportunities Benefit to support students’ ‘comeback’ amidst pandemic