Time Inc.’s COASTAL LIVING brand has announced that the brand’s popular annual idea house will be built in Newport in 2017 and will be available for purchase and open to the public starting in July. To celebrate the brand’s 20th anniversary, the idea house will showcase design trends and innovations from the past two decades.
This marks the 34th COASTAL LIVING idea house and is the first-ever to be constructed in Newport. The location of the new home has not been announced. To see floor plans and for more information, visit http://www.coastalliving.com/homes/idea-houses/idea-house-2017.
Ann Gobel, VP, Lifestyle Brand Sales, Time Inc., said in a prepared statement, “An adored experience for consumers and advertisers alike, the COASTAL LIVING idea house allows us to showcase new trends, ideas and products in coastal home décor and design that speak to what our brand is all about. We’re excited to bring our clients the access and influence of the award-winning idea house program to a place that embodies elegance, romance and adventure.”
The 2017 COASTAL LIVING idea house, featuring interiors by celebrated designer Mark D. Sikes, is being built by Horan Building Company, and the architect for the project is A. Tesa Architecture. The landscape will be designed by Infinity Design Group. The 5,100 square foot home will have five bedrooms, as well as a pool, game room and media room, overlooking the bay.
“In celebration of the 20th anniversary of the COASTAL LIVING brand, this year’s idea house will be packed with reimagined trends from the past two decades as well as the classic décor ideas for which we are best known,” said Steele Marcoux, Editor-in-Chief of the COASTAL LIVING brand in a prepared statement. “With spectacular water views and an unbeatable location, the Newport idea house is the perfect representation of the rich history of the COASTAL LIVING brand and the lifestyle it embodies.”
There are currently 11 sponsors of the 2017 idea house whose products will be included within the home: AZEK Building Products, Belgard, Carolina Lanterns & Lighting, Circa Lighting, Delta Faucet, Blue Buffalo Company, Lee Industries, Lloyd Flanders®, Marvin Windows and Doors, Sunbrella and VELUX Skylights.
This custom-built home will be available for purchase and open to the public from July through Labor Day Weekend. In addition, COASTAL LIVING and its sister brands SOUTHERN LIVING and SUNSET are hosting a sweepstakes for consumers to win a trip to visit one of the brands’ idea houses. Click here to enter for a chance to win.
The 2017 idea house will be featured in the September issue of COASTAL LIVING magazine, on newsstands August 11. To learn more about the 2017 idea house, visit: www.coastalliving.com/ideahouse.
In 2016, the COASTAL LIVING idea house was located in the Hamptons. The COASTAL LIVING idea house program is an example of Time Inc.’s strategic approach to create consumer experiences for its world class brands that engage audiences and grow revenue.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck