The Arts and Cultural Alliance (ACA) of Newport County presents an Arts Behind the Scenes event featuring Timothy Michael Hetland, an artist focused on creating exciting works with metals and alloys, stones and crystals,
and wood. Mr. Hetland is a 3rd generation Norwegian descending from Kragerø, Norway. Through his metal artworks he focuses on the fine balance and beauty of metal, wood, crystal and stone to create lasting interior and exterior sculptures. The raw metal materials and ocean washed stone used are made to last and are of high grade metals and alloys including aluminum, stainless steel, copper and bronze. He will discuss the general process behind development of his works, including sketching and research, as well as discussing and demonstrating some of his metal and stone-working techniques.
Since 1994, the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Newport County has fulfilled its mission to promote and advance arts and culture in Newport County for the benefit of the community. As a member-supported organization, the ACA offers seminars, workshops and networking opportunities for artist members. One of the Alliance’s key tasks is to help guide the interconnection between creative or cultural contributors and various opportunities presented by businesses, schools, donors, audiences, events, commissions and others. The Arts Behind the Scenes program seeks to introduce the ACA members and the general public to what goes on behind the scenes in development and presentation of art works, music, dance or theater that are of interest to the community.
Tickets for the Arts Behind the Scenes event are $10 for ACA Members and $12 for non-ACA members. A limited number of tickets are available at the ACA website at http://www.newportarts.org/events/ All proceeds are used for the ACA’s mission to support and promote the local artistic community. The event is planned for Saturday, April 15th 2017 at 6:00 pm. The location is at Mr. Hetland’s Studio Shop at 1015 Aquidneck Avenue, Shop E, behind Chelsea’s Restaurant, in Middletown, RI.
For more information on Mr. Hetland visit www.skuteundfish.com For more information about the event or the ACA go to www.newports.org The ACA representative is Warren McAuliffe.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Folk 2021 – The final day of “Folk On” (July 28)
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library