There will be a “Parking Ban” in effect 6:00 AM until 11:00 PM on Tuesday, March 14, 2017, due to the forecasted snow storm. Motor vehicles parked on such a street one-half hour after the public ban has been announced may be towed. Residents can utilize the following parking lots: Gateway Center, Mary Street lot, and Easton’s Beach free of charge during parking ban.
The following streets are designated tow zones for emergency snow removal work:
- Annandale Road, Bellevue Avenue: (Kay Street to Bowery Street), Bedlow Avenue, Bliss Road, Broadway, Coggeshall Avenue, East Bowery Street, Farewell Street, Friendship Street, Gibbs Avenue, Gould Street, Kay Street, Powell Avenue, Spring Street, Summer Street, Thames Street, Third Street, Warner Street, Washington Street, Washington Square, West Narragansett Avenue, William Street, and Van Zandt Avenue, from J.T. Connell Memorial Road East to Malbone Road.
Please note the other city ordinances that apply during snow events:
9.08.110. Snow removal.
No owner, occupant or other person having the care of any building or lot of land bordering on any street, square or public place in the city, where there is a sidewalk, shall fail, within five hours of daylight, after the ceasing to fall of any snow, to cause the same to be removed from the sidewalk adjoining such building or lot, and in all streets where there is no curbstone set, a pathway, at least four feet wide, shall be made on and along the sidewalk aforesaid for the convenience of pedestrians.
9.08.120. Ice removal.
Whenever any sidewalk, or any part thereof, adjoining any building or lot of land on any street is encumbered with ice, no owner, occupant or other person having the care of such building or lot shall fail to cause such sidewalks to be made safe and convenient, by removing the ice therefrom or by covering the same with sand or ashes within four hours during the daytime.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Ticket Giveaway – Walden playing at Narragansett Brewery Friday, Sept. 24
- Olympic Swimmer Elizabeth Beisel will make a record-breaking swim to Block Island on Wednesday
- “This American Life” contributor David Sedaris coming to Jane Pickens Theater Sept. 28-29
- RI Arts and Humanities Councils award nearly $1 million in grants with federal funds to 121 culture, humanities, arts nonprofits
- Pell Bridge to transition to all-electronic tolling on October 27
- The Reef set to host inaugural Savor Newport Wine and Food Fest
- RI Hospitality Association’s 18th Annual Economic Outlook Breakfast predicts continued recovery in 2022
- Obituary: Peter J. O’Connell
- Concert Recap and Photos: George Thorogood at Indian Ranch (September 19, 2021)
- Obituary: Arthur Bennett Shattuck