Mrs. Ottilige was born June 1, 1932 in Middletown, RI.She is the daughter of the late Arthur and the late Ann (Oxx) Peckham.
She was married to the late James Ottilige for 60 years.
Paula was an active member of Emmanuel Church, and served on the Altar Guild and the Church Vestry. She had won the Saints Among Us award in 2012. She loved square dancing and was most happy spending time with her family. She worked for the Preservation Society of Newport, retiring in 2011. She also worked for W.T. Grants, and also Leys Century store, and worked for both of those stores until their closing.
She is survived by her daughters: Debra Venancio and her husband Perry, of Middletown, RI and Sandra Chapman and her husband Kenneth of Portsmouth, RI. She is also survived by 5 grandchildren, Stephanie Forgue and her husband Rusty, Perry Venancio Jr., Lyndsay Brown and her husband Ryan, Kristen Chapman and Kevin Venancio. She is also survived by 5 great grandchildren, Brandon, Brady and Brooks Venancio and Zoe and Zachary Forgue.
Calling hours will be held on Friday March 31, 2017 from 4 to7pm in the Memorial Funeral Home 375 Broadway in Newport.
Funeral Services will be held on Saturday April 1, 2017 at 11 am in Emmanuel Church 40 Dearborn Street in Newport.
Burial will be in Middletown Cemetery Turner and Wyatt Roads in Middletown, RI
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made in her name to the Middletown Fire Department Rescue Wagon Fund 239 Wyatt Road Middletown, RAI 02842or to the Emmanuel Church Altar Guild, 40 Dearborn Street Newport, RI 02840
More From What’s Up Newp
- What Sold: 25 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (May 10 – 17)
- Common Fence Music to present Dedicated Men of Zion in streaming concert
- Whalers Brewing Company to give a free keg of beer to every bar and restaurant in Rhode Island
- This Day in RI History: May 18, 1652 – Rhode Island becomes the first colony to pass an anti-slavery law
- Now Hiring: 125+ job opportunities available right now