Born on November 1, 1923 in San Miguel, the Azores, she was the daughter of the late Jose Matias and Maria D’Conceicoa (Souza) Andrade.
Mrs. Amaral worked as a housekeeper for over 25 years at Newport Hospital.
She is survived by her children, Joe Amaral of Bristol, RI, Carlos Amaral and his wife Alicia of Somerville, NJ, Francisco Amaral and his wife Elizabeth Stouffer of Newport, RI, Michael Amaral of Long Island City, NY, and Flora Kirchart and her husband John Rooney of Santa Ana, CA, She also leaves her son-in-law Jack Arruda, twelve grandchildren, twelve great grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
She was the mother of the late Lucia Arruda, and sister of the late Alfred Andrade, Jose Andrade, Gervasio Andrade, Maria Braga and Diotina Correiro.
Calling hours will be held on Monday, from 4:00PM to 7:00PM in Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
Her funeral will be held on Tuesday, March 7, 2017 at 10:00AM, from the funeral home followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 11:00AM in Jesus Saviour Church, Broadway, Newport.
Burial will be in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane, Middletown.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)
- Governor McKee signs Rhode Island African Heritage and History Curriculum Bill
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts