March is National Youth Art Month, and each year the Newport Art Museum partners with the Rhode Island Art Education Association in spotlighting the creative work of Newport County students in its galleries.
Over 100 pieces of student art work from public and private schools in Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth, Jamestown, Tiverton, and Little Compton will be on display at the Newport Art Museum’s Coleman Center for Creative Studies during the month of March. Young artists grade Kindergarten through 8th grade, working in a wide variety of media, will be represented.
The official Opening Reception for the Museum’s Youth Art Month Exhibit is free and open to the public, and will be held on Thursday, March 9, 4:30-6:30pm, during Art After Dark.
The Newport Art Museum is located at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI. Visit NewportArtMuseum.org or call 401-848-8200 for details.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13