March is National Youth Art Month, and each year the Newport Art Museum partners with the Rhode Island Art Education Association in spotlighting the creative work of Newport County students in its galleries.
Over 100 pieces of student art work from public and private schools in Middletown, Newport, Portsmouth, Jamestown, Tiverton, and Little Compton will be on display at the Newport Art Museum’s Coleman Center for Creative Studies during the month of March. Young artists grade Kindergarten through 8th grade, working in a wide variety of media, will be represented.
The official Opening Reception for the Museum’s Youth Art Month Exhibit is free and open to the public, and will be held on Thursday, March 9, 4:30-6:30pm, during Art After Dark.
The Newport Art Museum is located at 76 Bellevue Avenue, Newport, RI. Visit NewportArtMuseum.org or call 401-848-8200 for details.
The Latest From WUN
- Bowzer’s Rock ‘N’ Doo-Wop Party 20th Anniversary coming to Mohegan Sun Jan. 16
- What’s Up at the Movies: We Review “Dune”
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Minks rock Askew (October 21, 2021)
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch