Crosswynds Traders will be opening a second location in downtown Newport this spring.
Known as “Narragansett’s Best-Kept Secret,” Crosswynds Traders is a favorite shopping spot for both tourists and locals to find the latest fashion trends for men and women at an affordable price. Shoppers will find popular name brands at a great value. Crosswynds Traders has been at its Narragansett location for 23 years.
Owner Christine Woodbine has always wanted to open a second store, but felt that she couldn’t be in two places at once without sacrificing the level of service that her customers love. After many years of being a successful business in South County, her decision to open another Crosswynds Traders in the City by the Sea is a personal one.
“My dad was my biggest supporter and helped me start this business 23 years ago. When he passed away this summer, I wanted to carry on his legacy, so my son-in-law and daughter have decided to come into business with me in Newport and we are working together.”
Woodbine and her team are excited to join Newport’s lively small business community.
“We chose Newport because it has the same formula that Narragansett has. There are students, tourists and locals who have discerning taste and understand quality product and its value. We want this business to more importantly embrace the locals, be a year-round presence and support the Newport Community as we have in Narragansett.”
Crosswynds Traders will open its Newport location at 6 West Marlborough Street in April 2017. For more news and updates, follow Crosswynds Traders on Facebook and Instagram.
The Latest From What's Up Newp
- Rep. Ruggiero to lead CRMC study commission
- Norman Bird Sanctuary welcomes fall with harvest season of events
- Clear the Shelters: Potter League to host pet adoption drive on Saturday
- RI Foundation honors Wickford lawyer with highest honor
- Newport Art Museum to host Newport Day of Design Walking Tour
- Obituary: Florence Seibert
- Obituary: Richard B. Kyle
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Bristol Porchfest, Los Lobos and the Rascals
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Motels Rock the Odeum (September 16, 2021)
- 4th Annual Cardines Classic featuring Army versus Navy rescheduled to October 1