The City of Newport has announced that sidewalks on Caroll Avenue (from Morton Avenue to Bateman Avenue) will begin to be repaired starting on or about April 3rd.
Carroll Avenue is one of nine projects being completed to fix small areas of sidewalks throughout the City that are beyond the capabilities of the City maintenance crews but do not require the total construction of a road.
The following sidewalk areas throughout the City will also be reconstructed throughout the spring, summer, and fall.
- Memorial Boulevard: Freebody Street to Middleton Avenue – to be completed
- Harrison Avenue: Carroll Avenue to Roseneath Avenue – to be completed
- Ochre Point Avenue: Narragansett Avenue to Ruggles Avenue – to be completed
- Spring Street: McAllister Street to Pope Street plus wheelchair ramp at Barney Street – to be completed
- Washington Square: minor bluestone sidewalk repairs – to be completed
- Long Wharf Crosswalk at Marriott – to be completed
The following sidewalk project have already been completed
- Marlborough Street: Dr. Marcus Wheatland to Thames Street – completed
- Goat Island Connector: Washington Street to Goat Island Causeway – completed
The contract amount for the project was $452,583.18 and is expected to be completed by December 15, 2017.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now