The 61st Annual Saint Patrick’s Day Parade has come and gone and now it’s time to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a more traditional way in Newport!
Join What’sUpNewp on St. Patrick’s Day (Friday, March 17th) at Midtown Oyster Bar for our annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration.
Stop by for some great food (like a Corned Beef Sandwich), Irish fun, live music from Newport RI Ancient Order of Hibernian’s Pipes and Drums, AOH Men’s Singers, Sean Rivers Music and more.
The Newport R.I. Ancient Order of Hibernian Division1 Pipes and Drums is a Grade V member of the Eastern United States Pipe Band Association. They are based out of Newport, R.I. and have members from Rhode Island and Massachusetts. They are an award winning band that participates in private functions and parades throughout the northeast.
There is no cover charge for this event, it is all ages until 9 pm.
- 4:30pm – March Madness – Creighton vs. Rhode Island
- 5:00 p.m. – AOH Men’s Singers
- 6:00 p.m. – AOH Pipes and Drums
- 9:00 p.m. – Sean Rivers
Midtown Oyster Bar is located at 345 Thames Street and online at www.midtownoyster.com.
If you’d like to get involved as a sponsor, musician or organization; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 401-662-1653.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now
- What’s Up This Weekend (July 30 – August 1): Things to do, live music, and more
- The Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County: Newport Yacht Rendezvous returns on August 13
- Guest View – Sean O’Connor: Importance of Pride all year