John Philip Souza Jr. 69 of Newport RI died on Sat Feb 18th.
He was the husband of the late Barbara (Waltz) Souza.
John was born on Jan 15, 1948 in Newport RI to Ruth (Tibbetts) Souza and the late John Philip Souza SR.
SFC Souza was retired from the US Army after serving 22 yrs. and a veteran of the Vietnam War.
He is survived by his sister Mary Perry of Portsmouth RI and his children Ed Souza of Newport, Thomas Souza of Newport, Roger Souza of Newport, Toni Dales (adopted) of Green Cove Springs, FL, and his favorite child Christy Dales of St. Augustine FL. He is also survived by his 3 grandchildren, Dylan, Hunter and Lily, provided by said favorite child.
He is preceded in death by his sister Barbara Migliori.
A memorial service will be held at 9am on Saturday February 25, 2017at the Elks Lodge 141 Pelham Street in Newport.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- 31 open houses happening this weekend (July 30 – August 1)
- A1 Roofing & Construction teams up with FabNewport to further FabGolf program for local youth
- Reps. Edwards, Cortvriend, Carson, Phillips attend national redistricting conference
- Newport Music Festival announces Fall Chamber Series, Community Concerts
- Legislation signed into law that requires litter prevention and recycling awareness be taught in schools
- Team Racing friends and rivals to reunite in Newport for New York Yacht Club’s trio of team race regattas
- Obituary: Frances H. Sanita
- U.S. SailGP Team hosts inaugural Foiling First: Learn to Foil Camp with Bristol Yacht Club & East Bay Sailing Foundation
- Obituary: Thomas Risso
- Now Hiring: 129 job opportunities available in and around Newport right now