After 10 days and 25 burgers, a winner has been named in the 2017 Newport Burger Bender contest.
Discover Newport announced via Twitter on Monday, February 27th that Jo’s American Bistro has won their inaugural Newport Burger Bender contest.
— Discover Newport (@DscvrNewport) February 27, 2017
The Newport Burger Bender contest was a “best burger” contest organized by Discover Newport, the official travel and tourism bureau for Newport and Bristol counties, that took place from Friday, February 17 through Sunday, February 26, 2017.
Jo’s American Bistro graciously accepted the acknowledgment on their Facebook Page on Monday afternoon.
The contest was limited to 25 participating restaurants, each submitting just one burger. To vote, diners had to go to the Newport Burger Bender website and pick their favorite burger, from there the burger with the most votes was crowned the winner.
Discover Newport is expected to also announce a “Critic’s Choice” winner, which will also be named by a lauded Rhode Island food critic.
More from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell