The Newport Police Department announced Tuesday that the 17-year-old teenage driver involved in the fatal pedestrian crash that killed an 83-year-old Newport man on Broadway in Newport last week will be charged in the case, according to multiple reports.
Donald Ritter was crossing Broadway at the intersection of Caleb Earl Street on February 8th when he was struck.
WPRI 12 reports that Newport Police will be charging the teen with failure to yield at a crosswalk, possession of marijuana, and a provisional license violation.
The Latest From WUN
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million
- On the market for a new home? Check out these 29 open houses happening this weekend
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Popovic, Nelson, and a Legend