Newport, R.I. – 12-18″ snow continues and cold temps have hit our area, here’s the latest;
The National Weather Service in Taunton canceled the Winter Storm Warning for our area around 11 p.m. this evening.
TodayA slight chance of snow showers after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 24. Northwest wind 10 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.TonightA slight chance of snow showers before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming clear, with a low around 10. Wind chill values as low as -1. Northwest wind 11 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%..
Hazardous Weather Outlook
Hazardous Weather Outlook
HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TAUNTON MA 410 AM EST SUN JAN 8 2017 CTZ002>004-MAZ002>024-026-RIZ001>008-090915- HARTFORD CT-TOLLAND CT-WINDHAM CT-WESTERN FRANKLIN MA- EASTERN FRANKLIN MA-NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-CENTRAL MIDDLESEX MA- WESTERN ESSEX MA-EASTERN ESSEX MA-WESTERN HAMPSHIRE MA- WESTERN HAMPDEN MA-EASTERN HAMPSHIRE MA-EASTERN HAMPDEN MA- SOUTHERN WORCESTER MA-WESTERN NORFOLK MA-SOUTHEAST MIDDLESEX MA- SUFFOLK MA-EASTERN NORFOLK MA-NORTHERN BRISTOL MA- WESTERN PLYMOUTH MA-EASTERN PLYMOUTH MA-SOUTHERN BRISTOL MA- SOUTHERN PLYMOUTH MA-BARNSTABLE MA-DUKES MA-NANTUCKET MA- NORTHERN MIDDLESEX MA-NORTHWEST PROVIDENCE RI- SOUTHEAST PROVIDENCE RI-WESTERN KENT RI-EASTERN KENT RI-BRISTOL RI- WASHINGTON RI-NEWPORT RI-BLOCK ISLAND RI- 410 AM EST SUN JAN 8 2017 THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHERN CONNECTICUT...ALL OF MASSACH-- USETTS EXCEPT BERKSHIRE COUNTY...AND RHODE ISLAND. .DAY ONE...TODAY AND TONIGHT. AN ARCTIC FRONT WILL TRIGGER SCATTERED SNOW SQUALLS ACROSS MUCH OF THE REGION THIS AFTERNOON. A FEW OF THE SQUALLS COULD BE BRIEFLY HEAVY WITH LOCALIZED NEAR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS FOR A TIME. THESE MORE INTENSE SQUALLS WILL HAVE THE POTENTIAL TO QUICKLY DEPOSIT AN INCH OR TWO OF ACCUMULATION IN LESS THAN HOURS TIME. AS A RESULT ROADS WILL BRIEFLY BECOME SNOW COVERED AND GIVE WAY TO SLIPPERY TRAVEL. .DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...MONDAY THROUGH SATURDAY. NO HAZARDOUS WEATHER IS EXPECTED AT THIS TIME. .SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT... SPOTTER ACTIVATION IS NOT EXPECTED AT THIS TIME.
What’sUpNewp will continue to monitor and update this story and our site with any further developments.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 2 Recap and Photos (July 31)
- What’sUpNewp Interview: Christian McBride, Artistic Director of Newport Jazz
- Deer Tick releases new album “Live at Fort Adams”
- Rhode Island Foundation offering $25,000 grants to local writers
- Obituary: Ann-Marie Nevitt
- Open Studios and Drive-By Art returns to Jamestown on August 7
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 1 Recap and Photos (July 30)