WAGONER, Laura M., 52, passed with peace and grace on January 8, 2017 after a long battle with diabetes and kidney disease, leaving her loving husband of 29 years, Gary Wagoner. In addition to her husband, she survived by her step-son, Phillip, of Bristol, son, Erik, of Barrington, and daughter, Elisha, also of Barrington. She also leaves three sisters, Karen (and Richard Muldoon) of Maine, Debbie (and Robert) Bang of Lincoln, Rose (and James) Garrido of Tennessee, multiple cousins, nieces, and nephews, and her in-laws, Lawrence and Rita Wagoner of Ohio.
Laura was born in San Diego, CA and was a long time resident of Portsmouth, RI. After she and Gary married, they settled in Barrington to raise their family. Laura worked in the message center at the Navy Undersea Warfare Center for many years.
Laura was an active part of the Portsmouth Girls Softball League. She also participated in the Barrington Pop Warner Football League, as well as the Boy Scouts. She volunteered for several years for the Rape Crisis Center, as well as the Suicide Prevention Center of Rhode Island.
Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 12, 2017 from 9:00-11:00 a.m. in Connors Memorial Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth RI, with a memorial service to follow at 11:00 a.m. in the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made to RI Diabetes Association, (www. donations.diabetes.org)
This obituary originally appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest From WUN
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education
- Wilbury Theatre Group launches Pay-What-You-Can ticket structure for all performances