Juanito M. Egano, Jr., 65, of Newport died Monday, January 3, 2017 at Newport Hospital.
He was the husband of Benita (Abua) Egano.
Born on March 18, 1951 in Capoocan. Leyte, the Philippines, he was the son of the late Juanito M. Egano Sr. and Simprosa (Misa) Egano.
Mr. Egano worked as a housekeeper for the Grand Islander Health Care Center. He loved fishing and was a good mechanic.
He was the loving husband of Benita for 43 years, father of Jerome Egano and his wife Rebecca Prendys-Egano of Middletown, RI and Lally Egano-Jadion of Newport and her husband Venancio Jadion of the Philippines, grandfather of Kieran Harvey Egano of Newport, RI and Madison Grace Prendys-Egano of Newport, RI, his siblings, Cely Igano of Australia, Dionisio Egano, Maria Egano, Rodrigo Egano, Erlinda Gallarde, Violeta Egano and Salvacion Mantilla all of the Philippines, and several nieces and nephews.
He was the brother of the late Wilfredo Egano, Socorro Egano and Avelino Egano.
Calling hours will be held on Thursday, January 5, 2017, from 4-8pm in Memorial Funeral Home, 375 Broadway, Newport.
His funeral will be held on Friday, January 6, 2017, at 9am from the funeral home followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 10am in St. Joseph’s Church, Broadway, Newport.
Burial will follow in St. Columba Cemetery, Browns Lane, Middletown.
This obituary was reprinted with permission from Memorial Funeral Home.
The Latest From WUN
- New behavioral health pharmacy in EBCAP to serve those with mental health and addiction issues
- Newport Art Museum to present “Newport: The City as a Work of Art” lecture series with John R. Tschirch
- Six Picks: The best in live music this weekend – Sarah Potenza, Elvis Costello and more
- Obituary: Julian C. Clinton
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season