John S. Silvia, 95, of Portsmouth died Tuesday, January 17, 2017 at Grand Islander Health Care Center of Middletown, RI.
He was the husband of Alexandria (Morris) Silvia.
Born on February 2, 1921 in Portsmouth, RI, he was the son of the late Jesse and Mary (Rosa) Silvia.
Besides his wife of 14 years, he is survived by his son Ronnie and his wife Doris Silvia of Portsmouth, RI, Leonard and Prudy Silvia of Middletown, RI, and John and Carol Silvia, FL, he also has four stepchildren, Joseph Mullens of Warwick, John Mullens of West Virginia, Sandra Mullens of Portsmouth, RI, and Stephen Mullens, of Portsmouth, RI, his five grandchildren, and nine great grandchildren.
Calling hours will be held on Wednesday, January 25, 2017, from 9-12pm in Connors Funeral Home, 55 West Main Road, Portsmouth.
His funeral will follow at 12 in the funeral home.
Burial with Military honors will take place in Newport Memorial Park, Howland Avenue, Middletown, RI.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory to a charity of your choice.
This obituary originally appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest From WUN
- “Six Picks” Pumpkin Ale – It’s the time of the season
- Holidays at the Newport Mansions returns to The Breakers, Marble House, and The Elms starting November 20
- Oakland Forest in Portsmouth will be inducted into the national Old-Growth Forest Network
- Stop & Shop to hold a one-day career fair at all 27 Rhode Island locations
- RI Music Educators call on state, school districts to fund music & arts education