John E. Nasser Jr., 88, of Portsmouth died Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at Heatherwood Nursing and Subacute Center in Newport, RI.
He was the husband of the late Catherine Eillen (Riegel) Nasser.
Born on April 28, 1928 in Newport, RI, he was the son of the late John E. and Sarah (Crowell) Nasser.
John worked as a marine mechanic for over 30 years, for the Newport Shipyard. During the 60’s and 70’s, he had the pleasure of working on some of the Americas Cup Yachts, which he enjoyed. He was an avid fisherman and hunter, and loved his many deer hunting trips to Maine. He loved his family, and was a devoted father, grandfather and great grandfather. He will be missed by all who knew him.
He is survived by his children, John Nasser and his wife Jodi of Middletown, RI, Thomas Nasser and his wife Christine of Tiverton, RI, and Nancy Lanier of Mount Dora , FL, his sister Anna Keisler of Fayetteville, GA, his seven grandchildren, ten great grandchildren, his English springer spaniel ‘Jene’ and several nieces and nephews.
He was the brother of the late Helen Souza and Marion DiMario.
Funeral services and burial are private.
Memorial donations may be made in his name to the Portsmouth Fire and Rescue Wagon Fund PO Box 806 Portsmouth, RI 02871.
This obituary originally appeared on www.memorialfuneralhome.com, it has been republished with permission.
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million