Howard S. Hench, Jr., 92, of Middletown, RI and Naples, FL, passed away peacefully on Sunday, January 22, 2017 with his family at his side.
He was the husband of the late Patricia L. (McFalls) Hench and the father of the late Howard S. Hench III (Chip).
Born in Altoona, PA on November 8, 1924, he was the son of the late Howard S. and Cathryn (Grove) Hench.
Mr. Hench was a USMC veteran of World War II and a graduate of Pennsylvania State University earning his degree in Electrical Engineering. He was employed by Philips N.V. as an International Marketing Manager for over 25 years and after retirement, volunteered as a Collier County Deputy Sheriff for 17 years. Mr. Hench was a member of the Knights of Columbus and was a communicant of St. Peter the Apostle Church in Naples, FL.
He is survived by his son, Timothy P. Hench and his wife, Victoria, of Middletown, RI, and his granddaughter, Colleen E. Hench of Newport, RI. Step grandchildren Katrina Eichenfeldt of Naples, Fl., Karl Eichenfeldt (Catarina) of Brooklyn, N.Y. Several nieces and nephews.
Services will be private.
In lieu of flowers, donations in his memory may be made to your local animal shelter.
The Latest From WUN
- Grammy-Nominated Artist Leigh Nash playing Club Passim Tuesday, November 2
- Hocus Pocus 2 begins filming in Rhode Island
- Kerri Powers and Stefan Couture playing Blackstone River Theatre October 30th
- “Creatures of Imagination” exhibition opens Oct. 21 at Salve Regina’s Hamilton Gallery
- What Sold: 24 Newport County real estate sales, transactions (Oct. 11 – 15)