The RI Hospitality Association (RIHA) recently honored several Newport residents, and people who work at Newport-based establisments, at its “Stars of the Industry” Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony at Twin River Casino.
The Stars of the Industry Awards recognize the outstanding achievements of members of the hospitality, foodservice and tourism industries. Award recipients were chosen not only for their dedication and contributions to their careers, but for their involvement in their local communities.
“It’s an honor to congratulate this year’s Stars of the Industry winners for all of their incredible accomplishments,” said Dale J. Venturini, President and CEO of RIHA. “With more than 70,000 Rhode Islanders working in the hospitality industry, it is important to take the time to recognize their hard work. It is because of their dedication that the hospitality industry continues to be a cornerstone of the state’s economy.”
Newport Stars of the Industry award recipients include:
|Representative Lauren Carson||Rhode Island House of Representatives||Hospitality Ambassador of the Year|
|Steven Kalble||Newport Area Career & Technical Center||Teacher of the Year|
|Hotel Employee of the Year
Hotelier Of The Year
|Cynthia O’Malley||The Preservation Society of Newport County||Tourism Employee of the Year|
|Juan Pleitez||Hotel Viking||Hotel Employee of the Year|
Jake & Kelly Anne Rojas
Tallulah On Thames
|Restaurant Employee of the Year
Farm To Fork Award
With more than 650 foodservice and hospitality members in Rhode Island, the RI Hospitality Education Foundation (RIHEF) has been the voice of the hospitality and tourism industry in the state since 1982. For more information, visit www.rihospitality.org.
The Latest from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Joanne Donnelly Maher
- Obituary: Ralph E. Morgan
- Newport Mansions Wine & Food Festival returns September 17 – 19
- Governor McKee, RIDE, and RIDOH release updated PreK-12 Health and Safety Guidance for the 2021-2022 School Year
- Newport to require masks in city-owned buildings beginning August 2
- FirstWorks Live – Roger Williams Park free Summer Concert Series continues Sunday 8-1 with Voces de Los Andes
- Newport Folk 2021 – “Folk On” Part 2 Day 2 (Tuesday, July 27)
- Obituary: Rayfield Drowne Jr.
- Redwood Library & Athenaeum to house a portion of the Dr. Patrick T. Conley Library
- Governor, RIDOH, Newport City officials, community partners to host canvassing effort on Wednesday to encourage vaccination