The Newport Public Schools have contracted with the communications management firm Martin & Associates to collect feedback on current and proposed changes to the school calendar.
Of particular interest in this survey are questions around the start of the school year and feedback on the value of the February break. The Newport Public Schools leadership team is also interested in learning your views on extended day programs, Saturday school, and year round programs. Please know that no changes will be made to the current school year calendar. The Newport Public Schools in conjunction with the School Committee are considering changes to the 2017-2018 school calendar.
The specific areas under consideration involve the start of the school year, considering the shortening the February break, and the change in start times in the schools.
The feedback you provide to the questions in this short survey will help inform the superintendent and the school committee as they consider if and how to make these calendar changes. The School Committee and superintendent will review the data, discuss the calendar options, and the input of the community before making any final decisions. The survey is on this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NportSurvey
The Latest From WUN
- Tony® Award-Winning Musical “Million Dollar Quartet” coming to Boston’s Boch Center October 29th + 30th
- Gerry Goldstein: For Mercy’s sake, he stood guard through the night
- City of Newport: A portion of the Cliff Walk will be closed on Monday for maintenance
- Newport String Quartet to perform Dvorak, Montgomery, and Tate at St Columba’s
- ‘Normandie’ estate on Ocean Drive sells for $12.5 million