Enjoy intellectual stimulation and lifelong learning with other art lovers!
The Newport Art Museum is now accepting applications for its “Gallery Guides” program. Gallery Guides are dedicated volunteers who provide tours for visitors of all ages. The guides will be trained to use questions, conversation and factual content to engage visitors in positive, meaningful and relevant exploration of the Museum’s exhibitions, collection and architecture. Accepted candidates will go through several two-hour training sessions, monthly Guide meetings, and professional development sessions throughout the year.
Applications are due no later than Tuesday, February 28, 2017 and can be found on the Museum’s website.
Source: Newport Art Museum
More from What's Up Newp
- Obituary: Timothy E. Carter
- Newport Gallery Night returns on August 12
- Obituary: Belmira Silvia
- Obituary: Jayne Ellen Byam
- Obituary: Susan Christie
- Obituary: Eileen Burke
- Newport Jazz 2021 – Day 3 Recap and Photos (August 1)
- Passim Announces Eastern Front Songwriter Grant
- History in the Making: Newport Jazz and the Civil Rights Movement
- Handel and Haydn Society to perform Beethoven’s Symphony No. 9, “Ode to Joy,” in free concert at the DCR Hatch Shell