Enjoy intellectual stimulation and lifelong learning with other art lovers!
The Newport Art Museum is now accepting applications for its “Gallery Guides” program. Gallery Guides are dedicated volunteers who provide tours for visitors of all ages. The guides will be trained to use questions, conversation and factual content to engage visitors in positive, meaningful and relevant exploration of the Museum’s exhibitions, collection and architecture. Accepted candidates will go through several two-hour training sessions, monthly Guide meetings, and professional development sessions throughout the year.
Applications are due no later than Tuesday, February 28, 2017 and can be found on the Museum’s website.
Source: Newport Art Museum
More from What’s Up Newp
- Newport Illuminated Boat Parade canceled due to weather
- Six Picks: The best in local music this weekend – Neutral Nation, Deer Tick and the All-Star Stars
- MLK Center to host free community holiday dinner on December 1
- Newport, Tiverton groups sharing $660,000 in grants to strengthen nonprofits led by people of color
- Concert Recap and Photos: The Schemers ring in the holiday season at The Met
- Blackstone River Theatre Holiday Craft Fair and Festival returns with 24 crafters and live music
- Just My Opinion: What are you thankful for in 2021?
- Newport Jazz Festival releases 2021 Thank You Video
- RITBA: For the first time since the pandemic began, traffic returning to 2019 levels on Pell Bridge
- Singing For Shelter returns December 1 – 22, nightly virtual live concerts will raise money for local shelters